Wednesday, August 26, 2009

School Tomorrow

Well, there's not much to blog about today. I'm making progress on the baby sweater, in fact I have two of the five pieces complete, but they really don't make a good photo. lol Just brown stockinette shapes on a carpet, you know? hehe

But that's not what I've spent most of my time thinking about tonight. I'm much more preoccupied with my school's orientation tomorrow. Here's the schedule:

Thursday, August 27, 2009

9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Welcome
Making the Transition

10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Campus Tour with students
11:30 a.m.. Lunch

12:45 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.

Center for Learning Excellence

1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.

Navigating Your Academic Path
Dr. Patricia Hammer, Dean of Academic Services


3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.

Tour of Wyndham Robertson Library

4:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Paying for Your College Education
Business Office /Financial Aid Office


4:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Wrap-up of the Day

Before you leave, we’ll check on required paperwork, next steps, and questions and answers.


Optional Activities:
5:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. Looking Ahead: The Road to Commencement. Front Quad (rain location: duPont Chapel).


5:45 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. Picnic. Front Quad (rain location: Main Dining Room, Moody Student Center).

7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

Welcome Reception. President’s House.



So I'll be leaving my house at about 7:45am tomorrow morning and arriving home about 9:30 pm. It's a day just chalk full of awesome stuff ! I'll get to meet other students and professors, eat in the cafeteria, and have a reception at the President's House! How crazy is that?

Mostly, I'm excited that tomorrow is the beginning of a new chapter in my life. Dabney Lancaster Community College is now behind me and I'm taking the step in to a much wider world. I'm so looking forward to being around a totally new group of people.

Registration is Monday, then classes start Wednesday and I'm torn between chomping at the bit and wanting to savor the anticipation.

I guess I found something to blog about tonight, didn't I? ;)

3 comments:

  1. hehe, sounds like you'll be a busy little bee tomorrow. i hope you have fun with all your activities and i'm sure you'll have something to blog about tomorrow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I'll be collapsing from exhaustion tomorrow. hehe Maybe I'll bring my camera and get pics?

    Oh! The life of a blogger... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I hope you're having a great time right now! :)

    ReplyDelete