Friday, August 21, 2009

Find a Deal Fridays!

I've hardly worked this week! It can't be Friday already, can it?? :) We'll start with some awesome Etsy promotions from Sock Yarn Spinner.


This beautiful sock yarn is a merino/ bamboo blend and I LOVE the subtle colours! At 400 yards of fingering weight, the regular price of $21.00 isn't all that bad, but it looks like she's closing up shop! If you have this coupon in your cart when you purchase your yarn, you'll get 40% off plus there is always free shipping!

This orange colourway (below) from Bare Yarn Sheep Company is exactly what I'm thinking of for my next dying experiment! Fall is my favorite season, and the colours are all so scrumptious.


Superwash merino skein with 400 yards of a fingering weight for $13.99. I think I've featured this store before because they have soooo many yummy yummy yarns.

My next recommendation isn't really a yarn per se, but is related to knitting. Did you know that bargainyarns.com offers a Damaged Books section? I'm a total sucker for this kind of stuff. I don't care of a corner is bumped or someone has written in the margins, as long as I can read the patterns and see the pictures! 101 Designer One Skein Wonders is only $9.47!

Find more books like this here.

I've heard that Alpaca yarns are super duper warm, so when I stumbled across this sale on Plymouth Suri Merino at AlpacaDirect.com I thought I'd pass it along! We're all starting to think about our winter knitting, right?? :)


It's on clearance over there, you get 110 yards for $4.49. There are 28 really pretty colours (including a dark green I'm coveting), or choose the white or vanilla and dye your own!

2 comments:

  1. I was so happy to finally get my first follower, so I immediately had to look at your blog in return. So now you've got a new follower as well. I love reading knitting blogs, and I really liked your dyeing process. I wish I had the time and energy to try, but there are SOO many projects begging to be started...
    The tunic I'm making is from Drops Garnstudio, but I added the cables myself since I thought I would be bored out of my skull with all that plain stockinette knitting... You can find the pattern via my ravelry page (I'm jench24 on Ravelry), as I can't remember the number of the pattern.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the vest finished, and I'll continue stalking your blog!

    / Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to tell you about that book a few posts back but then couldn't remember the name of it. :) Glad you found it and at a discount!

    ReplyDelete