Saturday, August 29, 2009

Another Christmas Project Done!

This one for my brand new baby niece, Alora. The. Cutest. Eva.

Do you remember just a week ago when I finished the V-neck pull over sweater for my dad? After that was finished, I had a TON of the rich chocolate brown acrylic left over. It's Caron's Simply Soft Eco, and it really is soft! So I thought to make something kinda matchy for Alora just 'cause I find it amusing that my dad and his grand daughter will have matching sweaters. hehehe!

It came together so quickly I didn't even get a chance to post anything in progress! The funny shaped little brown pieces wouldn't have meant much. lol The pattern is pretty much exactly the same as the one on Lion Brand's website (oh, and you need to login to get to the pattern) except for the single crochet edging which I did in a pale pink. The tie goes all the way around her back to make the bow.

Here's a detail shot:


According to Ravelry this one took me 5 days to complete. I think baby clothes are my favoritest thing to knit!! :D

Next up I think will be a bit of dying. I have some balls of mercerized wool from my knit picks order that are still naked. But first lunch and some clean up. :)

9 comments:

  1. The kimono looks really beutiful! I hope we get to see pictures of it on the little baby, too bad you have to wait until christmas to give them to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are so fast. Awww, this time last weekend.......

    I love this.It's really adorable and I love that it matches her grandpa's sweater. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, that is SOOO precious!! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This came out great. I'm working with the Caron Eco now and it is super soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable... I might have to make one of those. (I am picturing one with cherry blossom embroidery)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you really are a speed knitter, you whipped up that kimono in no time at all! it is quite adorable, i've actually got some similar sweaters to make for my new baby nephews, lets hope they knit up as quickly as yours did :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that is 'uber cute! she'll love it :o) way to match it up with her grandpa's sweater too. Now they can be twins!!

    ReplyDelete