Monday, August 10, 2009

Hollins University is In the Top 100!

I just heard that the school that I will be attending come the fall, Hollins University, has been named to Forbes' list of the top 100 schools in America. It kind of blows me away! I'm so excited to start going and I'm so freaking nervous at the same time!!

But anyway... on to knitting things. hehe The new incarnation of the scarf has been coming along nicely and is about 12 inches right now:


Which means that I'm almost at the 25% mark for this whole scarf! Other than this bad boy though, I don't have much other knitting going on. I'll have more I'm sure when my Knit Picks order arrives! Yay new yarn!! YAY ballwinder!! Once that gets here I'll have to frog the sweater vest, plus I'll be able to ball up the skein that I dyed myself the other day. I'm thinking that guy wants to become a hat, and I have this pattern picked out for it here:


It's very simple with just a little bit of mock cabling in it in order ot really show off the fun colours! I'll get started on that as soon as it's all wound. Also, I'm thinking I might try to wind the rest of my yarn for the scarf with two strands at once. Does anyone know if that actually works or not? Like if I take the beginning of the ball and the end and try to wind them at the same time so I don't have to knit from two balls at once? Hmmmm...

Oh my gosh I can't wait to show you all the cool yarns I bought! SQUEE!

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Hey, Hollins is like 10 minutes from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that scarf is GORGEOUS! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This scarf is coming along so nicely!

    ReplyDelete