Friday, January 1, 2010

{What's On The Needles?}

Hello 2010! I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year's Eve last night. January 1st, 2010 is here and I have to say I'm not stoked about it because it means that I start my internship on Monday -only three days away! It's not that I'm not looking forward to having a reason to get dressed again, but I'm just having so much fun knitting 10 hours a day, ya know?

Here's what I have going on at the moment:


The front of my Climbing Vines Pullover is coming along nicely. The only part that's bugging me is that I can't seem to figure out how to keep that extra little hole from popping up under the left side of the leaves. Do you see it? It's in all of them except the bottom one. It's something that's in the pattern I guess but the final product picture I've seen doesn't look like there's a hole there! ugh! Maybe I'll just put a stitch with some thread in later, or maybe I'll just leave them because Who would really know that it's not in the pattern, right?

Oh, and along that note... has anyone figured out what I did wrong with the cast off at the neck part in the back? I'm going to have to do that again here in not too long and I'm kinda nervous. lol If you're inclined to take a look and help, I strategically buried it in the middle of my last post. hehe

And then yesterday I cast on this too:


It's the beginning of a Modern Log Cabin Blanket. What do you think of the colour scheme? It's a bright white, the dark taupe and a dark smokey purple colour. I decided to start one of these after I opened my gift from my Sister in Law - a TON of this Bernat yarn!! Like... I do mean a TON. I got 5 of these super value sized balls, plus this monster right here:


Holy MACREL that's a lot of yarn!!! I'm looking forward to finding a blanket for that one too! Maybe the Tree of Life Afghan (Rav link) or something like that? I think I should stick to one blanket at a time though. This modern afghan will be a good project to take in the car with me and knit in front of the tv now that I've started some more complicated need-to-pay-attention kind of projects.

I'm also itching to cast on either mittens or socks for myself now that I have my amazing new needles that I can use for either the Magic Loop or two circle needles to do the small rounds with. Socks would be pretty straight forward and maybe the same yarn that I did my traveling woman shawl in, but it's only sport weight and I don't have needles any smaller than 4's, so they wouldn't be terribly warm I wouldn't think. I should probably swatch that. I'm still working out the details.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! The sweater is looking amazing. I really didn't notice the holes under the left side of the leaf, but I know how you feel. I'm working on a cabled pullover, and it's driving me a little crazy. I can't wait to see your finished products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the pullover looks very nice! It will be so much fun to see it finished! And how about all that yarn?! You should supply us readers with fiber contents and weight of it... I've never seen Cascade, I'm guessing it's an american yarn?

    I wonder if i'll have time to knit anything but shawls this year...?

    / Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweater is going to be amazing! I wouldn't rip back- there are things in knitting that only the maker will ever see. I've pointed out mistakes to My Mister and he just looks at me like I'm looney!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny - where is the Cascade yarn that you're seeing? If you're referring to the Bernat yarn that I got from my Sister in Law's family, it's 100% acrylic - and feels awesome, btw! I'm really going to enjoy it as a blanket AND I enjoy knitting it, which is a plus! And if you're referring to the yarn that I'm knitting the sweater out of, that's Plymouth Encore yarn that's 75% Acrylic and 25% wool and is also fantastic to knit (though a tad splicey, but not too bad).

    Kate - I know what you mean - Mr. Pie thought I was seeing things. hehe

    Natalie - thanks for sharing in my craziness. It's good to know I'm not alone. ;)

    ReplyDelete