Tuesday, January 5, 2010

{What's in my Queue?}

Progress is slow on my sweater because my Internship is now taking up most of my day. The same sleeve is still on the needles, just with about oh... 10 rows more. hehe Don't worry, I have the weekend off and it'll get D. O. N. E. So as you may have guessed, I'm already looking ahead to what's next:

First up, after finishing my sweater, is some Red Dwarf Socks by Cristi H. Brockway:

I'm not sure what yarn in my stash is going to work for these socks, but I figure I should be able to make them in worsted weight on the #4 needles! They'll be my first non-basic socks and I'm kinda excited. :)

After those are done, I'm going to knit Give A Hoot mittens to match my own hat!

These will be in the same yarn and stuff since I have a ball and a bit left. Very excited because these will be my very first mittens. They can't be that different from socks, right?

After those, I'm sorta obsessing on these: Reading Mitts by Janelle Masters on Danving Ewe Yarns:

I don't know what it is, but my hands get FREEZING at the computer. Specifically the one that operates my mouse. I have no idea why! I love the little detailed edging and that it extends a little further up my fingers, but again I'm going to have to figure out which yarn in my stash will work.

This one isn't quite in my Queue, but my friend Jenny showed it as being in her queue over on her blog and I'm kinda sorta obsessed now. It's called Haruni... look at that gorgeous lace work!


*drool*

It might be in my queue soon.

And between all of those I'll be working on my Modern Log Cabin blanket. Not much progress there, but I have the first three squares done in the main colours. I'm excited about it. :)

5 comments:

  1. My goodness that shawl is beautiful! And those socks are gorgeous too! I can't wait to see all of your projects unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just downloaded the Give a Hoot pattern for myself - love those owl cables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate - Mr. Pie is teasing me that I'm addicted to those Owls. But really - what's not to like?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so organized! You have a great list of projects there.I've been eyeing the reading mitts, too.

    Mittens are generally easier than socks, IMHO, but I have problems picking up stitches for the thumbs in a "pretty" way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing your sweater progress. I'm off to add those reading mitts to my queue!

    ReplyDelete