Sunday, January 3, 2010

{An Own Hat Complete}

I was finished this hat a week or two ago - before Christmas I think - and I hadn't taken a picture yet! It was a super quick knit and it's oh so soft to wear.

I have enough left of the Bernat Alpaca blend yarn to make some gloves too I think! I'll be casting those on after my next pair of socks. I just need to figure out which of my stash yarns I'm going to use for the socks and whether I'm going to try a specific pattern or just do a ribbed pair.

doesn't it look sorta sweaterish?

Oh, and the sweater is almost done! I have one sleeve totally knit and sewn in to the shoulder slot! (THANKS Hope!!) I am so darn proud of myself! The last sleeve is on the needles now and after that it's just sewing and the neck band left. I have the end in sight! If I was still on vacation I would have said that it'd be done in a couple of days, but since I'm starting my internship tomorrow I'm going to guestimate beginning of next week. My first sweater!

7 comments:

  1. Sweater progress looks great! You're cruising right along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat! And you're almost done with the sweater- so close! It must feel great to get a sleeve in already! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hat! And the sewater is really cute - I can't wait to see it on you!

    I signed up for a learn-to-knit class this Saturday. We're going to make a hat! I'm just excited about finally beginning the craft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie = I'm super excited for you! Be careful though, knitting can take over your life. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Hat and the sweater and the cowls are very warm even though the leaves design has yarn overs in it a very satisfying knit:)Hugs Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your owl hat! And great job on your first sweater, very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sweater looks great. I love the delicate trailing leaves.

    ReplyDelete