Thursday, January 21, 2010

{It's Like Christmas!}

Man, I wish it was all mine, too! Just like Christmas when I was 4! LOL

So I come home from work today to find a box I have been *eagerly* awaiting.


It's the Knit Picks order that I put in with my friend Jenny from Linköping, Sweden. As you may know, our compatriots in Europe are unable to order from KnitPicks.com because they don't ship outside the US. They do offer free shipping only over $50 though, but since I can't really afford $50 all at once, I rarely order from them myself. So a few months ago Jenny and I worked out a deal where she and some friends put together an order and then paypal me the money, I place the order (plus a few skeins of my own) and it comes to my house. I verify the order, take out what's mine, and let her know what shipping on the box will be to her house and she paypal's me again, and the box is on it's way to Sweden! It worked so well that she decided she wanted to give it another go.

There's is something thoroughly therapeutic (masturbatory ?) about sorting through all this yarn!! I just love touching it all and seeing all of the yarn all laid out on my floor!

So here's Round 2: (it didn't even fit in one picture!!)


The colours they chose are just GORGEOUS and the baby alpaca lace yarn that Jenny's bought to do her 12 shawls in 12 months challenge feels like HEAVEN. This order is seriously larger than my entire stash! LOL

So let this be your tease, Jenny! hehehe It'll be at your house soon!

PS - if any of my other friends outside the US would like to do this, let me know! :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That is SO exciting. I can't even imagine how exhilarating it would be to open a box that big of yarn!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I think my heart just skipped a beat looking at the pics. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe sounds like you've got a great partnership going here, you get free shipping on your yarn, and they get knit picks ^^

    i didn't know that knit picks didn't ship outside the US. there is a french yarn site (tricotin.com) that i saw offering knit picks yarn but maybe that was a limited partnership they had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might wanna do this one day (when I have some money to spend). It looks so good. for now I have to do that cardi, but it brings me nothing but troubles so it is put in the corner and is not aloud out untill it knows how to behave...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I want it NOW! Man, it's hard to wait when you have something that lovely to wait for...

    Hugs / Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too funny! I clicked on your blog, did a scroll down before I read any text, and knew instantly where all of that yarn was going! What a huge order!

    I love the shot of you peeking over the huge box- it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I se yarn! My yarn! I think four skeins of telemark and four skeins of palette is what I ordered. Thank you four your help, and for those lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete