Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I Couldn't Resist

... I started a lace scarf. I swear, I was trying to be good and finish that hat first! But after putting it on double pointed needles and cursing a lot when stitches dropped and trying to decrease in RIB knit, I'd had enough! The lure of this pretty scarf and it's simple pattern and new yarn was just too much!

There's just such a sense of accomplishment with this lacey scarf! This photo was taken last night after I'd lose the natural light. It was knitting up so quick! I think this first few inches took me about an hour or so:



Then I had a doctor's appointment today and I sat for an hour and a half in the waiting room! UGH! But it gave me a good chance to do some awesome middle-of-the-day knitting - In public! Here was the result:



I'm up to over a foot now!! This is going to be done before the weekend gets here! Weeee! It'll be such a nice break from the constant garter and stockinette stitch. As an added bonus, I think I got a new knitter hooked! hehe! A lady I didn't know started talking to me today about how she would like to learn to knit and I told her that I haven't been doing it that long at all! I gave her the knittinghelp.com site so hopefully she'll pick it up.

I promise promise promise I'll get back to doing that hat as soon as I'm done! ;)

3 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful! Love the red. Come on over and enter my GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ideas for the gift baskets! Thanks for taking the time to send a comment and give my your input...I appreciate it so much! I've entered you in the GIVEAWAY! Thanks again~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I already did. hehe! :)

    And thank you!

    ReplyDelete