Thank you so so much to Kate from Lazy Kate Creates AND Jenny from Jenny's Blog on Knitting! I am so honoured to be nominated by not one but TWO of my blogging friends!!
The rules of this award are as follows: I tell you ten things you may not know about me and then I nominate 10 more people for the award. Fun, right? Here we go!
1. You may not know that I'm a transplanted Canadian citizen living here in Virginia. I grew up outside of Vancouver, British Columbia, and still consider it my true home even though I haven't really lived there for 10 years.
2. Mr. Pie and I are doing the eating better and moving more thing right now. (I prefer that label to "diet and exercise" hehe) We're in week 3 at the moment and I've lost 6 pounds and Mr. Pie has lost 11. We're trying not to make too many changes at once so that we'll be able to keep up with the changes for a long time.
3. I actually have an Associate's Degree in Interior Design from a private design school in Newport Beach, California. Not quite sure what I was thinking with that one.
4. When I was 16 I got a kitten from a boy that liked me. She was a gorgeous chocolate brown colour but tragically only weeks after I got her, she got out the front door and a reservation dog got to her before I could.
5. My best friend from grade school and up through high school was named Ruth. I met her in 4th grade when she agreed to take me on a tour of the school on my first day. She's now married and has three adorable little boys.
6. My first pet with Mr. Pie was a beta fish named George.
7. Our kitten, Popeye, was born right in front of our eyes on July 4th, 2008. We were at the neighbor's picnic when we started hearing the normally silent stray cat making tons of noise on our back porch. When we went to see what all the comotion was about, she led us right in to our shed and to the bed we'd made her. There was already one kitten born and she had four more while we were with her. She wouldn't let us leave! She jumped between us and the door when we tried! It was so amazing.
8. I learned to walk with the help of two dogs who used to let me pull myself up on their fur and then walk on either side of me so I couldn't fall and hit my head. One was named Snoopy, but I'm really not sure about the other since I can't really remember this event, just the pictures I've seen. hehe
9. Christmas is my very favorite holiday ever and it's even MORE fun now that we have a new generation of kids to spoil. I love the decorations, the treats, but most of all I love all the traditions that we make together.We're half way through the year almost! Woo hoo!
10. I've got two years of school left, which means I'm on the 5 year track for graduation. Ugh. If I hadn't transferred from a Community College, I would have been able to finish in 4. If I didn't want to be a math major I could be done next year and believe me, it's looking tempting right now.
Alrighty! On to the Nominations!!
Karen from Hissy Stitch
Hayley from Knitting Knitwit
Amy from Ponder and Stitch
Lisa from Groggy Froggy
Josh from Photos and Ponderings
Alexandra from Wool & Cotton
Julie at Samurai Knitter