So here's the materials I used. All stuff that was laying around the house. The frame came free along with a bigger one I bought, burlap is left over wedding decorations, the lace is from a garage sale and I was using it to wrap gifts last year, and the buttons came with a shirt I bought.
I don't know where I'm going to put it or anything, but I'll find a spot. I'm think I'm pretty fond of it, considering it took me all of 15 minutes. hehe I'm headed to the hardware store here in a few minutes to pick up a glue gun for another project I have in mind! That coming soon!
I wanted to update you on how my knitting projects are coming too. Yesterday I cast on a slip-stitch scarf that uses scrap yarn and so far I have bout an inch and a bit of scarf:
And I'm one done with one whole repeat of the first chart in the Traveling Woman shawl. It's getting to be pretty tedious work because each row is so so so long now! I guess that makes sense though considering it's final dimensions. hehe I'm happy with how the repeats are going and they're all lined up and stuff. The edges though... lol I think I started with too many stitches and consequently the edge doesn't line up. I'm certainly not taking it all out now. It is my first shawl after all. :)