My Crossroads blocks have all been assembled and made to be (mostly) square at 13 and 1/2 inches.
Of course, Popeye had to help press them last night. He's so helpful, you know. hehe
In the end I had more than enough to complete the goal of 25 squares (instead of 20) so that my quilt is square instead of rectangle - better for cuddling under I think. I did run out of the crisp muslin I was using and had to substitute in some lighter, so let's hope it holds up okay. lol
There are lots of strips left so I think I'd like to put together pieced quilt back. I think I'd like a dark grey solid binding , and a slightly lighter shade gray, for the majority of the backing, as seen here:
So I'm auditioning different backing ideas.
Idea 1 and maybe my favorite, I found on this website here, but she doesn't give a source.
And here's a whole flickr group with just backs of quilt ideas. I never know how people will feel about me using their photos, so go there and see if there's any you super like. Or if you have other ideas of how I could use up all these fabrics for a back, I'd be more than grateful! :)
It's coming along!