Tuesday, March 2, 2010

{On To Brighter Things}

Thank you to everyone who left me a lovely comment in support. I know it's strange to say, but my friends here through the blog and through the internet mean so much to me. So just... thank you.

And on to brighter things, right? I've told you guys I met a new knitting friend, haven't I?? It seems like every time life closes one door, it opens a door somewhere else. I was feeling awfully sorry for myself on Saturday morning and decided to go and get my hair cut at a real salon (instead of the $10 deals that I have been doing instead) and a lady there heard me talking about my scrappy scarf that I was wearing. She came over and said She's a knitter too! We got to talking and we walked around town a bit together where she showed me a few crafts shops I hadn't been in before, and then she invited me to her house for tea. I have my first real-life knitting friend and her name is Dawn!

She's been knitting for 40 years and said she has more yarn than she'll ever knit in her life! So of course, I didn't leave empty handed.

heavy weight 100% cotton - a summer shawl perhaps?


worsted weight wool/acrylic mix I think.
I'm waiting for it to speak to me.

And she had a TON of buttons! Tins and tins and tins of them. We actually spent a couple of hours playing with her buttons and sorting, and then at the end I was sent home with these!!



Holy Moly, right?? I'm thinking there may need to be some cool button/burlap art happening soon. Some kind of colourful star burst pattern? Flowers? I'm just not sure. Have you guys seen any cool button art anywhere? Dawn has asked me to be part of a craft show coming up so I'm trying to think up some fun stuff that I could take to her table.

I am very excited that I have someone to knit and chat and spend time with over common interests. I foresee many an afternoon spent doing just this. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey - so glad that you have a real life knitting friend. I'm a true believer that when one door closes, another one opens. The universe just works that way. People come into your life when you need them. Hope you have fun playing with your buttons and yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for feeling better! And yay for finding a real-life knitting friend! It's just so much fun knitting together, Anna and I do it all the time.

    And the buttons look amazing, you may never have to buy any again :)

    Hugs / Jenny

    ReplyDelete