Sunday, October 10, 2010

{Dum.Dum.Dum. Another one Bites the Dust!}

Another gift off the Christmas Knitting List that is!  Mom's Gift has been completed, which means I need a jump break so she doesn't peek!!




This shawl went sooooooooo fast!  It's the September Scarf (Rav Link) which you can purchase on Ravelry. 


I pretty much did the same modifications as Jenny except instead of doing her fancy bind off I thought my version needed a frilly fluffy edge.  The yarn is so soft that it feels like a cloud, so it needed a soft wavy finish.  I accomplished this just by doing a row of kfb's in every stitch then some stockinette until I was afraid I was going to run out of yarn.


The yarn was heaven to work with.  I got it from my friend V who has an Etsy store called "V" by Vberry.  I had commissioned her to do this yarn custom for me but there was a slight boo boo (as I've mentioned before) and she sent it to me for free!  You can't tell at all in the shawl, can ya? ;)  Her yarn is pure bliss to knit, and her colours are so gorgeous that she can't seem to keep her shop stocked all the way up! hehe


My only concern about this is the pattern, which while a fun fast knit, I'm worried it's not formal enough, or complicated enough, or... something else ... to give to my Mum for Christmas.  First of all, I know my Mum will love ANYTHING I give her, but I want to give her something she'll love to wear and show off.  I'm thinking this gift may get shuffled to another recipient and I'll knit a larger shawl for Mum out of something else that I have on hand.  I dunno.  We'll see. :)  Maybe I'll keep it for me!

12 comments:

  1. I love it! The edging really fits the yarn too, it looks like a soft cloud! And you really knitted it super fast!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely.

    Have you done the vernal equinox shawl? It is larger and a bit more grand looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your mum will find it too simple. I find it beautiful. But if you really are unsure then go with your guts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think your mum will find it too simple. I find it beautiful. But if you really are unsure then go with your guts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's really nice and you should definitely give it to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, you suck (I kid). I swear I am going to start my Xmas gifts soon. I feel guilty every time I see how busy you have been. The shawl is lovely, your mum will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had the patience for knitting! Very pretty design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scarf is beautiful. I love your quilts, too. So talented.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete