Sunday, January 22, 2012

{Baby Quilt Top}

Continuing with the theme of baby paraphernalia (hehe) : I started a baby quilt!  I've had these precuts from Connecting Threads kicking around for a while with my baby niece in mind; it's called called "Sunny Day". Then I came across this quilting pattern from Moda Bake Shop called Strawberry Fields Forever !  It was a perfect marriage!

I started cutting right away.  Do you know that feeling where you're so excited about a project that you drop everything and become obsessed? I love that feeling. Today, almost 48 hours later, I have this:



Ta Da! Isn't she pretty? These wonky blocks are right up my alley! No measuring! No matching seams! LOL They came together so incredibly fast.  Now, I need to figure out if I want to use some existing fabric that I have, which while the colours work is a flat cotton instead of the flannel, or if I want to order some yardage from this collection instead so it matches perfect.   Then for binding I think I want that silky/ satiny feeling fabric.  What IS that stuff? lol

It's 40" x 40" . Do you think that makes a good sized baby quilt?  I know this way I wont' have to piece the back. :P   I could add borders, I suppose. But I'm kinda digging it. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so pretty! I love the colours you’ve used, they’re perfect for a baby quilt. I keep seeing all these wonderful quilts that people have made, it makes me want to learn to make one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! It's orderly and chaotic all at the same time. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is beautiful! And you made it so quickly, I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey! You make another quilt! Well done friend!!! Its really cute, and totally big enough for a baby :-)

    ReplyDelete