Saturday, October 3, 2009

No FADF This Week

Truthfully, I'm just wiped. School is kicking my butt right now! Thank GOD next week is fall break and it's only a partial week for me! Woo Hoo!

Meanwhile, I'll be knitting on my sweater. I think I've subconsciously begun knitting the grey sweater, only in this tan/cream colour instead. Whoda thunk? So I just ditched the "3-Hour Sweater" pattern and have begun on the grey sweater instead. lol There were really only a few minor details different I think, and the angora recycled yarn is well suited to the drape I think.

I've pretty much finished the back, but I'm unsure of how far up in the back I should be going. Remember how in that grey sweater there's kind of a wide neckline? So I'm knitting the front now and I guess I'll just have to see how they match up when I get to the top.

Here's what I have so far, compared to a picture of the Ann Taylor sweater again:




Hmmm... a little less ribbing at the bottom probably would have been better, huh? I wonder if it'll make enough difference that I should frog the entire back AND the part of the front I have so far? Probably not. lol The sleeves are going to post some problems I think. Anyone have any idea how many stitches I'll want to cast on (in bulky yarn) for those sleeves? Ooo... and I didn't do the few rows of reverse knitting on the back either. Eek. I was already thinking that I probably starting the ribbing too soon anyway, so I'll pull it back just enough to fix that. lol

And here's another issue I don't know how to solve! See how the top of the sleeves are rounded? How will I do that? If I just cast on 10 stitches or something, won't it just be straight? Maybe I'll start knitting teh sleeves from the bottom?

Thank you so much to the people who helped last time! Hopefully you don't mind me mooching off your Knitting Knowledge a second time. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hm, If I had had to guess, I would've said that that sweater was knitted from the top down? Then you would have had the ribbing at the bottom in one piece. But I'm guessing it won't be a problem to knit it from the bottom either, it looks really good so far!

    As to the sleees: Maybe you could just pick up stitches from the arm-hole? Then you could pick up more stitches than you would usually need, I think that would create the puffy look? I'm only guessing though, but maybe it could be worth a try?

    It will be so much fun to see it finished!

    / Jenny

    ReplyDelete