Saturday, May 28, 2011

{Crossroads Quilt: The beginning}

AFter receiving that gorgeous table runner from Laura for my birthday, I caught the quilting bug again.  I took a trip down to Joann's because they were having what I thought was a pretty good quilt fabric sale (turned out it was only a little bit of the fabrics on sale, but it saved me a couple bucks I guess).  Then I visited my local quilt store to add a few more. 

For a pattern, I picked the Crossroads Quilt from the Moda Bake Shop, which uses precuts.  I can't afford precuts, so I put together the patterns on my own.  I had 1/2 yard cut of each one.  I have no idea if that will be enough! LOL

Here's what I ended up with:



And I've made the first few blocks.  Please don't laugh, they are FAR from perfect!


17 more to go!

5 comments:

  1. Well done you! They look totally spiffing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! Much better than my first few quilt blocks looked. I really like that quilt pattern, too... can't wait to see the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look lovely! I really admire quilters -- I have yet to develop the patience and skills for all that ironing and sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is an awful lot of ironing and sewing.. i'll give ya that. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabrics work so well together, that central floral print is so fun looking.

    ReplyDelete