Tuesday, September 7, 2010

{Warning: Fair Isle In Progress}

I started these mittens last weekend I think as a potential Christmas gift, but I think they're going to be for me. hehe I haven't knitted anything for myself in a while. Plus, they're in my favorite colours!   These are being knit in Knit Pick Palette.  The orange is called "masala" and the whitish is called "Oyster Heather" (though I don't see the heather, myself).  

This is about 10 or 12 hours of work:





Andalus Mittens

I'm not sure I'm going to be keen on doing the other one right away, but I'll just have to force myself to cast it on the second I'm finished with the first!  I'm seeing the parallel to socks already. hehe

6 comments:

  1. Oh, mittens! Cute! It's right on time as fall knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm so impressed! Your tension looks perfect! And the colours work fabulously too, I actually have two skeins of masala in my stash too, and now I know what they will become!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Mittens! I haven't tried Fair Isle yet, but seeing your mittens makes me want to. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are drop-dead gorgeous. I hope you finish the pair in time to show them off this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I know you've probably already thought of this, but the two-at-a-time method for socks also works for mittens. I haven't yet been brave enough to tackle Fair Isle (ever), but there are Fair Isle sock patterns in the T-A-A-T books. Also, when I made myself some mittens two winters ago, I had two sets of DPNs going, with a mitten on each set. I would get to a certain place on the one mitten and switch to the other mitten and get it to the same place. (I have a bad case of second-sock syndrome.)

    ReplyDelete