Tuesday, April 6, 2010

{A Little Alora Sweater}


My first top down sweater!  I love using my niece as a guinea pig! hehehe  It's made out of Plymouth Encore yarn, which is quite soft and warm but my sister can still toss it in to the washer and dryer.  A definite must!

I learned quite a bit with this project - doing a sweater with a yoke, picking up and knitting arm stitches, I learned I'm doing the M1 increase wrong...  (knit in to the back, not the front of the new stitch if you don't want holes like mine, for instance!). :)

Pretty cute, right?  I need to get it in the mail so I can get a picture of Alora in the sweater before she grows out of it and it's a doll sweater. lol

11 comments:

  1. The sweater is beautiful! And if you hadn't mentioned anything, I would have seen the holes as a design feature, they look very pretty!

    Hugs / Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable and what a cute name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that is just sweet beyond description.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! Did you use a specific pattern or did you make it up as you went?

    I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the embroidered flowers are my own take on the pattern, otherwise i followed exactly! It's linked right under the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I'm a fan of Encore too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This little sweater is ADORABLE! Love that pretty blue color.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower - I'm following you now too and looking forward to some knitting inspiration!

    Alissa

    ReplyDelete