Wednesday, November 24, 2010

{The Silliest Thing I Have Ever Knit}

By Far.  Mr. Pie got very excited when he saw this pattern as I was flipping through Ravelry patterns.  He requested that I drop all of my other knitting and start making him one.  I was excited because he rarely gets so excited about my knitting, so of course I obliged.

It must have been fate because I even had all the necessary yarn in his colours of preference on hand.  And now, two days later, we have this:


Do not rub your eyes, it's true. This toque has a beard attached! And a silly mustache!  Want to knit your own? Check out the BEARDED TOQUE pattern on Ravelry!  Maybe there's a Man in your life who will get as excited as mine is right now.... but that man will be difficult to find!

10 comments:

  1. So funny! First time I've ever sent my husband a link about a knitting project. This one I know he'd greatly appreciate (and be slightly envious of)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now I'm gonna link this to my friend Laura. I think her husband would want it. Mine not so much, he just wants slippers. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a son that would love it!! Good for you for making something completely crazy just for your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may be one of the coolest things you've ever knitted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hillarious! Maybe you could attach two horns on each side of the hat, and he'd be a full-fledged viking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hihihi thats so funny! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto Jenny's comment! I love it. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this a couple of weeks ago, and the designer had her whole family in them -- even the baby on her lap had a "beard"! Too cute! I'd like to make several, but with holiday knitting in full swing I must NOT get distracted!

    ReplyDelete