Saturday, August 7, 2010

{An FO From Vancouver}

Hi Folks!  Today is the second to last day of our Vacation and we're expecting family from all corners of the lower mainland and the island to show up at my sister's house today.  My Grandpa and his friend Connie, my aunt, my cousin, my mom, dad, brother, sister, and neices will all be here today and I could not be more excited! We always have such a great time together!

Mom, Mr. Pie and I spent a great afternoon on Granville Island yesterday and my Zen socks were finally finished in traffic on the way home. (no, I was not the one driving! hehe)  They were originally planned to be for me, but I tried the first one on and it was a bit big.  Of course they fit Mr. Pie perfectly so then they were his.  After I finished the second sock in the car on the way home to Chilliwack we let Mum try on the pair.  She fell in love, of course, and Mr. Pie gratiously passed them along.



.... but Grandpa was sitting there admiring them as Mum was modeling, so of course HE had to try them on.  And he was absolutely smitten, so then they belonged to him.





Grandpa was gracious enough to let Alora try them on after that, but she's got a ways to go before they'll fit, so I think they are safe with Grandpa for now. :)



7 comments:

  1. nice socks. I think it is wonderful that so many people admired and wanted your handknit socks. What a great feeling that must have been. And it is great hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love how the socks were passed from person to person.

    When I knit socks I intend to make them for myself every time, but they end up being too big and I let others try them on and then I end up giving them to other people. It feels good to have others admire your work and want your FO's.

    Congrats on some beautiful sockies and getting some family time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great post! so glad you're having fun. I'm working on Christmas presents in between farmers markets. Hopefully if I start now, I'll finish???? Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for people who appreciate handknit socks! :-) They're lovely (the people and the socks)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your socks so nice and I have a daughter named Alora:)
    Thankyou for commenting on my shawl and yes in the last 12 months I have lost 40 pounds and eating organic and excercising doctor told me last year I needed to for my health got to love your 40's diabetes and cholesterol but I have them under control now and Iam so happy:) Huggies Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, Grandpa was lucky they didn't fit her, who could've said no to that cuteness otherwise? :)

    ReplyDelete