Friday, July 10, 2009

Buttons?

I think I need these button. I don't know why. Or what I'll need them for.



Any good ideas? I just need one good reason to buy these off etsy!


In other news, I'm half finished my tank top! YAY!


I'm happy with how neat and tidy my knitting is, but I'm not so sure about the stripey yarn. I liked all the colours together on the skein, it's just how it knit up as a fabric that looks funny. Does that make sense? Is there another way to knit this yarn so that it doesn't get this effect? I am proud of the shaping that I put in (not even in the pattern, thank ya!). Now I need to figure out where I put them in so I can do the back the same. lol And of course it will need to be blocked because it's curling on ALL sides. Today I'll go to Walmart and see if they have anything I can use to block it. :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I have a lot of cleaning ahead of me today. *HIDES!*

3 comments:

  1. Ok I totally like the stripey-ness, actually! I think that's how it's supposed to come out, isn't it?

    What is blocking? How does it stop the curling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's how it's supposed to come out. hehe

    Blocking is where you kinda gently wash the fabric for the first time (before sewing the pieces together) while it's pinned down to a colour-fast surface, so that it doesn't shrink. Then (they say) the fabric kind of "remembers" that shape and you can wash it without it shrinking from then on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the stripeness looks okay, you haven't got big pools of colour which is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete