Sunday, December 18, 2011

{On break, finally.}

Christmas break is finalllllyyyyyy here! yay! I'm not going to lie - this end of semester push was the hardest I have ever had and it nearly drove me insane. By the end I was a mere shell of my former self and it's taken me about 3 days to really comes to grip with the idea that it's over.

Lots of lots of knitting therapy.  Really, even more than the knitting, I think I needed a few days of just doing nothing to get it through my head. lol

I managed to get these bad boys out in just about a week!  They are called the Daina Mittens,by Tuulia Salmela. 



I knit the first thumb in the same pattern as the rest of the body, but there just wasn’t enough room in there for the 3 yarns and my thumb, so I had to rip it back and do it in a single colour. Kinda disappointing.  So instead I did something crazy and made the thumbs two different colours: one's green and one's orange. :)

I'll be back tomorrow to talk about some house decorating!

6 comments:

  1. Hey, welcome back to the real world! We've missed you!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, they're beautiful!

    And well done on finishing the semester, one more to go and then your are a free woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous!

    Enjoy the break :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Just a week?!

    Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the geometics and the color contrast--the shift puts your mark on them :)

    ReplyDelete